Wafa: Fight terror at home first

Oct 06

Why did you expect such a massive terrorist attack?

Two or three years prior to 9/11, a Jordanian Islamist came to LA to attend an event held by the Muslim community there. I wasn't there, but I read in the newspaper that he gave a speech in which he said, "Now we are ready to rule the world."

Nobody paid attention to that but me. I wondered why nobody asked him, "What kind of political, economic, moral or psychological readiness do you have to rule the world?"

And I thought, "How stupid these Americans are. It's happening right inside their country."

I wanted to tell them, "Fight terrorism here before you fight it there. Protect yourself here before you go there for that purpose."

That guy knew what he was talking about when he said the Muslims were ready to rule the world.